Time Online
    N/A
    Avg. Time Online
    N/A
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestions for donating used furniture (in need of some repair)

Does anyone have any recommendations for donating furniture to a charity? My wife and I bought a new couch at Christmas and it's to be delivered in the next few weeks (don't understand the delay, but that's a different story). The old couch is still usable, but the seat cushions are torn (dogs) and need to be recovered, as well as a couple of worn spots. I've tried Cedar Lake Lodge charities, Volunteers of America, DAV, and Goodwill Industries. Those charities either don't accept furniture or if they do it must be in good condition and not in need of repair. I've called and e-mailed the Salvation Army but they haven't responded.

I really don't want to have to pay to have a junk dealer come and pick it up, if I can keep from it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm in the Louisville area.
    Last edited by BigBlue75; 01-22-2009 at 08:53 PM.
    "You can take guys away," senior Ramel Bradley said. "But we won't stop being Kentucky."
    "..when we get it right, you notice we're number one in the country, we're number one seeds, and we're playing in Final Fours..when you get it right.." - John Calipari